What is Music & Memory?
Grounded in extensive research, Music and Memory helps people living with a wide range of cognitive and physical challenges to find renewed joy in life through musical favorites.
How Does Personalized Music Make a Difference?
- Beloved music helps to reduce depression and anxiety and can also moderate pain
- Musical favorites tap deep memories and can improve quality of life
- Participants are happier, more social, and receptive to care and family visits
- Personalized music can help to reduce reliance on anti-psychotic, anti-depressant, and pain medications
Who Can Participate?
Anyone can benefit from the power of listening to musical favorites. As we build our program, we will be able to offer it to all who are interested. Often effective for a variety of impairments and disorders:
- People with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Individuals who are bed-bound, on dialysis, or ventilators
- People with chronic pain
- Those receiving hospice care
Here’s a quote from Tony Lewis, President and CEO of Cobble Hill Health Center, Brooklyn, NY:
Despite the enormous sums of money spend on mood- and behavior-altering medications, that are often not particularly effective, nothing compares to these iPods when it comes to improving quality of life.
If you know someone who could benefit from this program, contact us.