Welcov Healthcare wants to make sure the admission process is as simple and timely as possible. It’s important to note that each community must follow specific state and federal guidelines for admittance. Our admission departments will assist you through this detailed process.
For Long-term and Short-term Care
- The first step is realizing that you need a skilled nursing facility.
- Once you have made the decision, consult with your physician to determine what services are needed.
- Locate a Welcov Healthcare community in your area.
- Tour the community and meet with the admission director.
- Make sure to discuss payment for your stay (Medicaid, Medicare, insurance, or private pay).
- Gather brochures or other literature to learn more about programs and services.
- After choosing a facility, communicate your intent with our admission director or hospital social worker.
- Upon admission, you will be asked to complete necessary paperwork.
The following information is needed for admission:
- Current medical history and physical: See your physician for a complete physical examination and information on your medical history. If you're coming from the hospital, this information will automatically be provided to the facility.
- Current admission and physician orders: Your physician will provide orders for admission, medications and treatment.
- Pre-admission screening by the county: Your county social services department will conduct a screening to determine your level of care. If you're coming from the hospital, this will be submitted by the hospital social worker.
- You will also need your Social Security card, insurance, Medicare or Medicaid card, Advanced Healthcare Directive, and any power of attorney or guardianship documentation.
For Assisted Living
An assessment may be required prior to admission to one of our communities to assure we are able to meet your needs. Regulations vary from state to state with respect to the level of services we can provide.
Please contact the housing director from the Welcov community you are considering to obtain specific information regarding the admission process.